The Reviews are in for our Doylestown Theater Camp!
Students, Parents, Directors, & Choreographers share their views!
“I was very impressed with the production of THOROUGHLY MODERN MILLIE, JR. I saw at Theatre Arts Center (Doylestown Theater Camp). Having started in educational, summer and youth theatre myself, I am well aware of the importance and value of introducing young people to the art of live theatre. I would have been happy to see a group of young adults having a good time and falling in love with the art form. They did all that—but they also put on a darn good show, that the audience enjoyed watching as much as the cast enjoyed performing. As an author, I was gratified to see that. And who knows? One of those young actors might end up creating (or starring in!) a Tony Award-winning musical one day. I started where they did, and it was the impetus for my career on Broadway.”
Tony Award Nominee
Book & New Lyrics
Thoroughly Modern Millie
Kitty O. (2016) – “I wanted to let you know that Tara has secured a summer job as a music/dance instructor at a day camp in our area and (this part isn’t so good) will not be returning to TAC this summer to participate in the summer productions. We thank you so much for packing so many of our summers with wonderful shows. Tara has had a wonderful year this year and placed first in the soprano section of Bucks County Chorus auditions. She loves being on the stage and I thank you for giving her the opportunity to share her talents with others. Tara shines on the stage. She is growing up fast and is embracing these new opportunities. Tara thanks TAC & Stephen too for all he did to give her confidence with her dancing skills. I wish you much luck with your camp shows this summer.”
“Theatre Arts Center has been of great help to MTI in the development of MOBY DICK, The Musical and THOROUGHLY MODERN MILLIE JR. The talent and expertise they bring to the process has been extremely helpful in the development of these titles. We look forward to working with them on JUST SO this summer.” [TAC also premiered BEAUTY & THE BEAST JR]
Senior Operations Officer
Music Theatre International
Tracey D.— “Best theater experience
Jill – “I just had to write you to tell you how much we as a family enjoyed your performances at the Bristol Riverside Theatre. The students did a wonderful job thanks to their great teachers. Thanks so much for being so open, with your incredible school to a child who loves to sing, dance and act. You have given her a great opportunity to do what she loves to do, with amazingly talented teachers. Thanks for your talent, your kind teaching style, and for the loads of laughter!”
Chelsi – I have had such a great summer at TAC, I have made the greatest friends from doing Legally Blonde, Bye Bye Birdie, and Musical Revue. Love you all so much and I hope to see you guys soon!:)♥
Caroline – RIP Summer 2013. This was my best summer ever! Thank you Theatre Arts Center!
Sarah – If you’re looking for a dance studio in the Doylestown area, I can personally say that this one won’t disappoint! There are classes for everyone and its tons of fun 🙂
Katie – I am pretty sure this has been the best summer ever! I have made so many new friends. Thank you Theatre Arts Center!
Here’s what some of our students have been up to!
- Mary Poppins came to the Walnut Street Theater and current TAC students Sophia Zalipsky and Gabrielle Schoener and former TAC students, Grace Matwejek and Julianna Zannikos performed brilliantly!!!
- Congratulations John Cuozzo for booking a voice over for Fisher – Price Toys. John would like to thank Kristine Lewis and Jamie Fox for casting him in this commercial. As John said, “I had a blast and everyone was really nice to work with.”
- Wanted to share some great news with our TAC family. On August 8, 2013 Sophia (TAC Student since 2012) shot her first TV commercial. Sophia was cast as a princess attending a Princess Party for a commercial being shot for the BigTen Network to be aired in the fall. Then yesterday, on August 22nd Sophia shot a SPEC TV commercial for Fred Beans Chevrolet at their Doylestown, PA location. This too is supposed to be aired in the fall. We would just like to take this opportunity to thank Kristine Lewis and everyone at TAC who has worked with Sophia over the past year… she could not have done this without your training and support during her Musical Theater Class and the three summer workshops she attended. Sophia was ready thanks to all you do, “when that call came.” Sophia knew how to follow direction, memorize lines quickly, express herself and work with directors, producers and all sorts of personnel on the set. As soon as we get permission to post some shots, we’ll share them with you!!! Thank you all so very much! Ihor and Christina.
MORE DOYLESTOWN THEATER CAMP REVIEWS
- I can’t Laud your dancers enough. Their energy in the room surpassed my
expectations. Even the students who were timid and not well versed in dance gave
every dance step a try. I think they even surprised themselves with how capable
they were in attacking the choreography.
In addition you and your staff were very welcoming and accommodating. I felt so
welcome that it was as if I have been teaching at the studio for years.
Please let me know if you or your students would be interested in having me back
to teach a master class. I can teach an audition workshop, or offer a sample of
my unique athletic ascetic.
I wish you all a very successful season and look forward to working with you
again. Steven Cardona ~ Director/Choreographer
- Thanks again for having me. I had a blast! Your kids are so talented and I love your teaching approach. The kids are fast learners, definitely Broadway Bound!………Warmest, Monica Kapoor ~ Mamma Mia
- Monday, July 23rd, 2012 goes down in my book as one of the best days of my life. Everything was absolutely perfect, from the gorgeous scenic drive down through rural PA to the friendly and capable staff at TAC. It was an absolute pleasure to work with such talented, focused, sweet, mature and passionate young adults. They demonstrated a stellar work ethic.I would teach one side the choreography and the other side was already working on the reverse – always one step ahead, helping create my vision for the piece and contributing new and innovative ideas to it as well. We had so much fun together! They even made strong acting choices right off the bat, took their notes and quickly implemented them. The definitive moment was when they collectively decided they wanted to sing through it with the choreography, FULL OUT – NO MARKING. It blew me away. I was driven to tears.I left so humbled and inspired by them. I have so much love for each and every one of them. It is comforting to know the future of American Musical Theatre rests in their hands. Russell Fischer, Jersey Boys 2012 & 2013
- Congratulations on a terrific recital. I really enjoyed watching the whole show. Tara enjoyed the entire weekend of singing and dancing and she really enjoys her time with all of her friends at TAC. Bristol Riverside has such a nice stage and the kids feel so important when they perform on that stage and use that cool dressing room with the mirrors. I appreciate all of the effort and preparation that went into making the show a success. I am so excited to see her voice develop through the years of training and her dancing improve. We are looking forward to the shows this summer. Hope you both have a chance to catch your breath before it all starts again! Thanks for all you do. Sincerely, Kitty
- Thanks so much for a wonderful experience this summer at camp. This was my daughter’s first time at the camp. She enjoyed your musical theater classes so much, that she wanted to try out your camp. The shows that were put together were amazing. It was hard to believe you and the rest of the staff along with the kids, were able to put together such great performances in such a very short period of time. Besides having the opportunity to gain theater experience; as an added bonus my daughter made a lot of nice new friends this summer. She looks forward to next summer, along with one of my other daughters, who’s already chosen her audition piece for the camp. We look forward to seeing you in September for the start of the girls seven, count ’em, seven classes this season. Thanks again for a great summer.
Bucks County Mom
- I truly want you to know, the tremendous enrichment, and importance
that TAC has had in ‘both my daughters’ lives. For my oldest: simply put, she has told me that when she is at school during the day, if she thinks about how later, she has a class at TAC, it makes her feel so happy. A good deal of her life is her life at TAC, and I think it is where she has her favorite moments. Bucks County Mom
- Congratulations on your obvious success with Willy Wonka Jr and Rumpelstiltskin. Your ability to bring out the talent and skills that these teenagers possess is truly impressive. We commend you on the further development of Jake’s acting skills and the noteworthy elevation of his confidence on stage. His improvement is undoubtedly the result of your instruction, coaching, and guidance. Thank you. Bucks County Dad
- I am very excited to be working with Theatre Arts Center to adapt a new School Edition of Moby Dick the musical. I was very impressed by the talent and the staff and thought this would be the perfect group to premier the new version of the show. The score of the show and the concept in general has been a big hit with audiences all over. It appeals to all ages but the HS groups have had particular fun with the show. I look forward to working with the cast on this exciting project.
- Disney’s Aladdin Junior is the first release in MTI and Disney’s collaboration. During the next several years more titles will be developed. The hope is to have high quality stage versions of some of the classic Disney titles available for the Junior and the new KIDS collection at MTI. Several of the students from Theatre Arts were involved in the first leg of development of the show as well.
Music Theatre International
- Kids from Theatre Arts Center know how to work and rehearse. That’s why when I’m putting together a show, 90% of my cast comes from TAC! [That’s What Kids Do starred many TAC students.] Cathy Block; Professional Composer
- I just want to say how much fun I had over the summer at the Ensemble workshop, and I want to thank you very much for giving me the opportunity to go to New York and work with wonderful actors. I have learned a lot from you. Bucks County, H.S. Senior
- My daughter, Amanda, just completed her first year at the Theatre Arts Center and absolutely loved the classes, the directors, teachers, and other students. It has been a wonderfully exciting year for her [she has auditioned for several Broadway shows!] and we look forward to her returning in the fall. Bucks County Mom